As my husband came here with a L1-visa, I received a L2-visa and was authorized to work. But therefore, I had to ask a work permit or the “Employment Authorization Card“.
– It takes usually 90 days to get the card.
- Fill in form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization). You will find the form and the instructions on the website of USCIS.
- Make a check of $180 payable to Department of Homeland Security or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Include a copy of form I-94 Departure Record (front and back).
- Include 2 passport-style color photos.
- Where to file varies by which category of eligibility applies to your case and where you reside (see instructions).